A Gluten Free Thanksgiving for the Whole Family


I am so very thankful this Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for family.  I have four kids, three kid's in law (that I love like my own), a grandson (how could that not be the best thing on earth), and a girlfriend to my son.  They are all a huge blessing and bring such joy and thankfulness to my heart.  I'm thankful for the best husband any girl could want.  We've been married for over 34 years now and I love him more now than the first day of our lives together.  I'm thankful for the godly man that he is.  He shows me the love of Christ by his everyday walk and humble spirit.  I'm a lucky girl.  But most of all this season, I'm thankful for my savior Jesus Christ.  He provided salvation to all who will give their hearts to Him and ask for the cleansing of His blood.  I have peace.  I have joy. Thank you Jesus!

I really like to make the Thanksgiving meal.  I always start out with soup.  It's the beginning of  the cold weather and what could be better than to start a meal with a warm bowl of Curried Sweet Potato soup?  It's so satisfying to roast a huge turkey (I never roast less than a 20 lb turkey even if it's just my husband and me.) and have left overs and sandwiches and soup for the days to come.  If we can't eat it all we just freeze it and have ready cooked meat as quick as it takes to thaw it.  And the bones....this time I stuck them overnight in the crock-pot covered with water (add some onion and garlic and thyme) and you have a delicious bone broth my mid morning, with which you can make soup or freeze for later use.  And what is Thanksgiving without gluten free stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies and pumpkin pie!!  I don't have rolls in this picture but Audrey, a fellow food blogger over @MamaKnowsGlutenFree  has a delicious recipe to which I will leave a link.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends this year!  Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's the recipes:

Curried Sweet Potato Soup 

Roast Turkey 

Gluten Free Stuffing 

Foolproof Gluten Free Gravy 

Mama Knows Gluten Free Dinner Rolls

Pumpkin Pie with Gluten Free Crust 


Follow me on Instagram @EverydayGlutenFreebyKaren

YouTube: EverydayGlutenFreebyKaren

Email: EverydayGlutenFreebyKaren@gmail.com







Comments

Popular Posts