Cookie and Cake GF Flour (White Rice Blend)





As the baker for a small coffee shop in my town, my diagnosis of Celiac was a hard pill to swallow.  I was just beginning to love to bake and was getting pretty good at it, if I might say so myself.  It was like throwing an artist into a welding shop and telling them to create something beautiful; possible but a whole new learned art was necessary! 

Gluten free flour doesn't act the same as regular flour.  It doesn't really behave. It does but you have to be patient and learn the art of it! Your have to be willing to fail...a lot.  Especially when your use to not doing things according to the rules (recipes).  I love to wing it.  I'm a good faker.The statement "Have a plan and follow it" just doesn't really apply to me.  I love to look at a recipe and find a way to change it....make it better, make it mine.

In my first year or two of gf baking I got comments, "it's good....for gluten free". Awful words!!I wanted to be an overnight success, I wanted it to be fabulous! Well I'm still not there. I still fail a lot but I also succeed a fair bit.  My goal is to hear, "that's gluten free?? Wow, I never would have guessed!"

This flour will help. It is smooth, light and you hardly know it's gluten free. It's a great flour for cookies, cakes and pastries.  It's not much of a stand alone flour for bread, but the daintier foods will be a winner with this blend!

In order to get the fine texture of the rice flour you have to get it at an Asian market.  Grocery store rice flour will leave a definite grit in your mouth.  There really is no certain brand here, sometimes they package them differently.  What I have right now is from Thailand and Korea.  Please comment if you have a question.  Or email me @ everydayglutenfreebykaren@gmail.com



 Cookie and Cake GF Flour

One bag (24 oz) Tapioca Noodle Flour (can also use spring roll flour)
One bag (30 oz) Rice Flour 
2 Cups Sweet Rice Flour

Sift together in a large bowl and store in an airtight container.  I usually double this recipe so I don't have to make it as often.

To watch my YouTube video press HERE

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts