Healthy Choco Almond Bites (no bake)

I love candy, which is a problem when you're allergic to corn.  Corn syrup or starch is in almost anything related to candy, not to mention all the sugar and empty calories.  I just try to avoid it but not always successfully.  

These candies satisfy my craving and I don't even feel guilty eating them.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Healthy Choco Almond Bites (no bake)

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond butter
2 T maple syrup
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup almond flour
1/4 t vanilla

Mix ingredients in a mixing bowl until creamed together.  Refrigerate 1 hour.

Melt:
1 1/4 cup chocolate chips or bar (your choice of % cocoa, in this recipe I used
         semi sweet chocolate chips)                             
2 T coconut oil

Scoop into 1/2 inch balls the almond mixture and roll in chocolate mixture until coated.  Place on parchment lined cookie sheet, sprinkle with kosher salt if desired and refrigerate until hardened.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts