Gluten Free Oat Nut Pie Crust





 Sometimes I want an easy crust for a french silk pie or a cheesecake that doesn't use hard to find ingredients and is easy to make.  When I was eating gluten that would be a graham cracker crust.  I could buy gf graham crackers but they're expensive and don't taste very good.  Plus they are not in my cupboard!  Every ingredient in this crust I almost always have on hand. Enjoy making and eating this delicious crust with your next pie!
 
 Gluten Free Oat Nut Pie Crust

2 cups gluten free oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup nuts (I like cashews or pecans)
pinch of salt
2 T brown sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter

Heat oven to 425 and grease a pie plate.

Blend the oats and coconut in a food processor (or blender) until they are just starting to break apart. Add nuts, salt and sugar and pulse until nuts are coarse.  (Be careful not to blend too long or the nuts will become a peanut butter consistency, which you don't want).   Add melted butter and blend until incorporated.  

 Press into greased pie plate and bake for 4-7 minutes (check after 4 min.) until golden brown. Place on rack to cool and add filling.

Watch my YouTube channel on the steps of making this crust HERE

Comments

Popular Posts