Gluten Free French Silk Pie





I love chocolate.  The older I get the more addicted to chocolate I get.  French silk pie is one of those indulgent pies that I can only eat occasionally, but when I do, I can't get enough.  It's a great pie for company.  They will think you slaved to make a homemade pie. But it is really very easy. For my easy GF Oat Nut Pie Crust click HERE.

GF French Silk Pie

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate (cooled)
4 eggs (divided)
2 t. vanilla

Topping
1 cup Whipping cream 
1 T sugar 
1/2 t vanilla
chocolate candy bar

In a VERY cold bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add cooled chocolate and blend until mixed. Scrape down bowl.  Add 2 eggs and beat for 5 minutes (scrape down bowl halfway through). Add the last two eggs and vanilla and beat for another 5 minutes scraping the bowl partway through.  Pour into cooled pie shell and put on plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.  

Make topping, whip cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks. Spread on chocolate filling and top with chocolate shavings if desired. 
TIP:  If it's a very hot day make sure and have the air conditioning on when you make this pie!

To watch my YouTube video on this pie press HERE
 

Comments

Popular Posts